Breast Augmentation News 2017
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2017 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Ten Percent Rate of Prolonged Opioid Use After Breast Reconstruction, ASPS, November 28, 2017 - Ten percent of women who undergo mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction are still taking prescription opioid pain medications three months after surgery, study suggests.
- Two-Stage Approach to Risk-Reducing Mastectomy Improves Results for Women with Large Breasts, ASPS, August 29, 2017 - A two-stage approach appears to be a safer procedure with better cosmetic results in study.
- Sixth Annual Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day October 18, 2017, ASPS, July 31, 2017 - Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day takes place October 18, 2017, as part of a campaign designed to promote public education, patient care and research.
- More than $16 Billion Spent on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, ASPS, April 12, 2017 - A report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reveals that Americans spent more than ever before in 2016 on cosmetic plastic surgery and minimally-invasive procedures.
- Statistics Differ on Breast Reconstruction Racial Disparities, ASPS, March 29, 2017 - Three major national databases include varying estimates of racial gaps in the use of immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
- Plastic Surgery Society Releases 2016 Statistics, ASPS, March 1, 2017 - Annual statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show a 3% growth in cosmetic procedures over the last year.
- Who is appropriately qualified to perform cosmetic surgery?, ASPS, January 31, 2017 - The difference between "plastic surgeon" and a "cosmetic surgeon" has important implications for choosing a qualified physician.