Breast Augmentation News 2008
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2008 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Breastfeeding may not have an adverse effect on breast appearance, ASAPS, October 23, 2008 - A recent study found that breastfeeding is not a likely cause of post-pregnancy drooping of the breasts.
- Fat injections can improve breast reconstruction - jury's out on augmentation, ASPS, October 8, 2008 - Injecting fat after breast reconstruction to correct implant wrinkling or dimpling may be safe and effective.
- Deflated "pancake" breasts restored after pregnancy, weight loss, aging, ASPS, October 8, 2008 - An innovative procedure corrects severely deflated, sagging breasts without breast implants.
- Selecting appropriate massive weight loss patients for body contouring critical, ASPS, October 8, 2008 - Pre-operative screening found to be important for patients seeking body contouring after massive weight loss.
- "Fantastic Four" of breast procedures leave women extremely satisfied, ASPS, October 8, 2008 - A recent study found that 99% of breast surgery patients would have their surgery again.
- ASPS urges team approach to breast reconstruction, ASPS, August 22, 2008 - Scientific advances in treating breast cancer can be attributed to a strong collaboration between medical specialties.
- Increase in self-esteem, functionality seen in patients after breast reduction, ASAPS, August 4, 2008 - A recent study showed a marked improvement in quality of life for patients who underwent breast reduction surgery.
- Largest review of office-based plastic surgery confirms safety in accredited facilities, ASPS, July 16, 2008 - Surgeries in accredited outpatient facilities are as safe as those performed in hospitals, according to a recent study.
- 98% of elective mastectomy patients would have reconstruction again, says ASPS study, ASPS, July 7, 2008 - Study finds that the majority of women who have breast reconstruction after an elective mastectomy are satisfied with their decision.
- Cosmetic surgery procedures to exceed 55 million in 2015, ASPS study predicts, ASPS, June 24, 2008 - An American Society of Plastic Surgeons study predicts a large increase in the number of cosmetic surgery procedures from 2005 to 2015.
- Breast enhancement with fat: pros and cons, ASAPS, May 2, 2008 - Lipoaugmentation of the breasts may offer patients permanent breast augmentation with the benefit of body contouring through liposuction.
- Breast reconstruction advances fix distortions left by lumpectomy, ASPS, April 23, 2008 - Plastic surgeons are performing breast remodeling immediately after breast conservation surgery, resulting in a more natural looking breast.
- Breast cancer risk and surgical intervention, ASAPS, February 27, 2008 - A recent article in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal suggests that assessment of breast cancer risk prior to elective breast surgery can improve patient results.
- 11.7 million cosmetic procedures in 2007, ASAPS, February 25, 2008 - Nearly 11.7 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States in 2007, according to statistics released by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- ASPS studies re-evaluate psychological benefits and health concerns of silicone breast implants, ASPS, January 3, 2008 - A recent supplement to the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons sheds new light on silicone breast implants.