Breast Augmentation News 2011
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2011 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Breast reduction complication rate higher in older women, ASPS, November 21, 2011 - Complications following breast reduction surgery are more common in women older than 50, according to a study reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- New safety campaign focuses on board certification, ASPS, September 26, 2011 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is launching a new public safety campaign that highlights the importance of using a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Myth can prevent successful breastfeeding for breast augmentation patients, ASPS, September 20, 2011 - A new study says the perception of how breastfeeding will impact the breasts following breast augmentation is a concern for many women.
- Breast reduction and bariatric surgery - which should be done first?, ASPS, August 26, 2011 - A new study says best results are achieved when weight loss is addressed first for women considering both bariatric and breast reduction surgery.
- Medical tourism a one-way ticket to surgical complications, ASAPS, August 8, 2011 - A new study has found that patients who travel abroad for cosmetic surgery have an increased risk of complications, including multiple operations.
- Study supports immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy, ASPS, June 27, 2011 - Immediate breast reconstruction has a low risk of complications and does not cause undue delays in cancer treatment, according to a new study.
- FDA provides updated safety data on silicone gel-filled breast implants, FDA, June 22, 2011 - A new FDA report confirms that silicone gel-filled breast implants are safe and effective, but women should fully understand the risks.
- New technique doubles breast size using patient's own fat, ASPS, May 31, 2011 - According to a recent study, a patient's own fat transplanted to the breasts can achieve up to a twofold increase in breast size.
- "Mommy Makeovers" on the rise, ASPS, May 2, 2011 - The number of women getting Mommy Makeover procedures continues to increase as younger women seek help for their post-pregnancy bodies.
- Immediate implant replacement provides new option for breast reconstruction, ASPS, April 11, 2011 - A new study suggests immediate breast reconstruction using implants provides a new alternative for many women undergoing a mastectomy.
- Demand for plastic surgery rebounds by almost 9%, ASAPS, April 4, 2011 - The demand for plastic surgery procedures increased almost 9% last year, according to statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Breast Lipomodeling doesn't interfere with mammograms, ASPS, March 28, 2011 - Study finds that breast augmentation fat transfer does not interfere with mammograms for routine breast cancer screenings.
- ASPS, FDA to collect data about rare condition, ASAPS, January 26, 2011 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the FDA are working together to document cases of a very rare condition associated with breast implants.