Breast Augmentation News 2015
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2015 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Travel Distance Represents Barrier to Breast Reconstruction, ASPS, Dec. 30, 2015 - Long travel distances continue to be an obstacle to breast reconstruction after a mastectomy, reports the ASPS official medical journal.
- ASPS Secures Passage of Breast Cancer Patient Education Act, ASPS, December 18, 2015 - Congress passes the Breast Cancer Patient Education Act to ensure that breast cancer patients are informed about breast reconstruction options.
- Silimed's CE Certificate for silicone implants in Europe suspended by UK Agency, ASPS, September 30, 2015 - The United Kingdom Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHPRA) recently made the decision to suspend silicone implants manufactured by Silimed.
- Fat grafting evolves as body sculpting technique, ASAPS, May 17, 2015 - less is more when it comes to utilizing a patient's own fat to enhance certain anatomical regions, including the breast and buttocks, says a panel hosted by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Fat grafting technique improves breast augmentation results, ASPS, March 27, 2015 - Transplantation of a small amount of the patient's own fat cells can produce better outcomes for women undergoing breast augmentation, reports a study.
- Cosmetic surgery tab reaches $12 billion, ASAPS, March 11, 2015 - Americans spent over $12 billion on cosmetic procedures in 2014, according to the latest statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Cosmetic procedures increase 3% from 2013 to 2014, ASPS, February 26, 2015 - The annual plastic surgery statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons report that 15.6 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the U.S. in 2014.
- No increase in complications of breast reconstruction over age 65, ASPS, January 28, 2015 - Older women do not have an increased overall risk of complications from breast reconstruction after mastectomy, reports the official medical journal of the ASPS.
- Breast reconstruction using patient's own tissues yields higher satisfaction rates, ASPS, January 1, 2015 - Breast reconstruction using the patient's own tissues rather than breast implants provides higher satisfaction scores, reports a new study.