Breast Augmentation News 2014
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2014 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Breast reconstruction awareness campaign welcomes Patti LaBelle, ASPS, December 12, 2014 - Singer and actress, Patti LaBelle has joined with the American Society of Plastic Surgery as the Breast Reconstruction Awareness spokesperson for 2015.
- Breast reduction shared appointments increase contact time, ASPS, November 24, 2014 - An initial evaluation at a shared medical appointment provides excellent patient satisfaction for women considering breast reduction, study says.
- Breast size differences impact teen mental health, ASPS, November 24, 2014 - Differences in breast size have a significant impact on the mental health of adolescent girls with affects on self-esteem, emotional well-being and social functioning, according to a new study.
- Study finds complication rate for cosmetic procedures same in old and young, ASPS, October 12, 2014 - A recent study found that older cosmetic procedure patients experienced complications at roughly the same rate as younger patients.
- Autologous breast reconstruction patients report satisfaction, ASPS, October 12, 2014 - Women who replaced breast implants with autologous tissue reported significant improvements in their overall satisfaction with breast reconstruction.
- Decision analysis can help women make breast reconstruction choices, ASPS, September 26, 2014 - A decision analysis can help breast reconstruction candidates evaluate their alternatives for reconstructive plastic surgery, reports a new study.
- Plastic surgery researchers seek perfect breast shape, ASPS, September 2, 2014 - Nearly everyone agrees the perfect breast shape is a breast with an upper pole to lower pole ratio of 45:55, reports a study.
- Celebrating the BRAve faces of breast cancer, ASPS, September 2, 2014 - Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day on Oct. 15, 2014, advocates that every breast cancer patient know about breast reconstruction options and choose which is best for her.
- Breast lifting may decrease bra size, says study, ASPS, July 1, 2014 - Women may find themselves wearing a smaller bra after a breast lift, with an average decrease of one bra cup size, says a new study of cosmetic surgery patients.
- Tattoo artists play new role in breast reconstruction, ASPS, May 1, 2014 - For women undergoing breast reconstruction, tattoo artists can achieve "aesthetically superior" results with realistic 3D tattoos of the nipple and surrounding areola, ASPS reports.
- Quality of life improves after breast augmentation, ASPS, April 1, 2014 - Women who had breast augmentation reported substantial gains in well-being and other quality of life aspects, says a study reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Breast lifts up 70% since 2000, ASPS, March 31, 2014 - New statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that breast lift procedures are growing at twice the rate of breast implant surgeries.
- Aesthetic Society releases annual cosmetic surgery statistics, ASAPS, March 20, 2014 - The number of cosmetic surgery procedures increased by 12% in 2013, according to annual statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Pre-expansion technique allows 'mega volume' fat transfer to the breasts, ASPS, March 4, 2014 - A new technique can greatly increase the volume of fat cells transferred to the breasts, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.