Breast Augmentation News 2012
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2012 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- "Reverse Liposuction" allows surgeons to replace breast implants with fat, ASPS, November 29, 2012 - Replacing breast implants with the patient's own fat cells provides a new alternative for women undergoing breast implant removal.
- ASPS urges cautious approach to medical tourism, ASPS, November 14, 2012 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons recommends that patients take a vigilant approach to medical tourism during the holiday season.
- Failure rate of implant-based breast reconstruction higher in obese patients, ASPS, November 8, 2012 - Obese women are more likely to experience failure with implant-based breast reconstruction procedures, according to a new study.
- Body contouring improves life after weight loss surgery, ASPS, November 8, 2012 - A new study found that bariatric patients reported long-term improvements of their quality of life after weight loss surgery.
- 50 years of silicone gel breast implants, ASAPS, October 1, 2012 - Half a century after silicone gel breast implants were first introduced clinically, what are some of the lessons that plastic surgeons have learned about these devices?
- FDA approves first breast ultrasound imaging system for dense breast tissue, FDA, September 18, 2012 - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first ultrasound device for use in combination with a standard mammography.
- Identical twins study reveals breast appearance factors, ASAPS, September 4, 2012 - A study of identical twins found that breastfeeding, moisturing and hormone replacement were positive factors that influence the appearance of the breasts.
- Women want to see breast reconstruction results, ASPS, August 21, 2012 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons will launch a landmark show-and-tell event in New Orleans Oct. 17 as part of Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) Day USA.
- Most women satisfied with breast reduction cosmetic results, ASPS, July 30, 2012 - A study of 125 women found that the majority were happy with their cosmetic surgery results from breast reduction 6 months and 1 year after surgery.
- Study shows breast augmentation improves quality of life, ASPS, June 29, 2012 - Women who have breast augmentation report substantial improvements in different areas related to quality of life, according to a recent study.
- Texting promotes recovery after breast reconstruction, study says, ASPS, June 29, 2012 - A recent study reports that text messaging between the patient and surgeon leads to improvements in some key postoperative outcomes.
- Jewel named spokesperson for breast reconstruction, ASPS, May 17, 2012 - Award-winning singer-songwriter Jewel will serve as spokesperson for the first annual National Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day on October 17, 2012.
- Hospital, patient characteristics affect breast reconstruction methods, ASPS, April 30, 2012 - Only a small minority of breast reconstructions in the U.S. are performed using the most advanced microsurgical techniques, according to a new report.
- Fat transfer provides alternative to breast implants, ASPS, April 30, 2012 - Preoperative expansion of the breast followed by injection of the patient's own fat provides safe and effective alternative to breast augmentation, study says.
- Implant-based breast reconstruction complication rate higher with radiation therapy, ASPS, March 29, 2012 - Though most post-radiation breast reconstructions are successful, the complication rate of breast reconstruction with breast implants is higher with radiation therapy, a new study reports.
- Almost 9.2 million cosmetic procedures performed in 2011, ASAPS, March 20, 2012 - Breast augmentation and liposuction topped the list of most-performed surgical cosmetic procedures, according to Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank statistics.
- When "natural" remedies mean danger for cosmetic surgery, ASAPS, March 12, 2012 - Herbal products, homeopathic medicines and dietary supplements can put cosmetic surgery patients at risk for serious bleeding complications.
- FDA approves new silicone gel-filled breast implant, FDA, March 9, 2012 - the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a new silicone gel-filled breast implant for breast augmentation and breast reconstruction.
- Ultrasound shows promise for breast implant monitoring, ASAPS, February 15, 2012 - A recent study suggests that ultrasound may have advantages over magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) when screening for breast implant failure.
- Technique provides new option for breast reconstruction, ASPS, January 30, 2012 - A new technique consisting of fat injection followed by implant placement may provide a much-needed alternative for breast reconstruction, a new study reports.