Breast Augmentation News 2016
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2016 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Round or Shaped Breast Implants?, ASPS, December 28, 2016 - Even plastic surgeons and nurses could not tell the difference between round and shaped breast implants in before and after photos.
- Experts: Patients Should Stop Using E-Cigarettes Before Plastic Surgery, ASPS, November 28, 2016 - The concern about e-cigarette use stems from the increased risk of complications after plastic surgery in cigarette smokers.
- What's the best way to match breast & implant?, ASPS, October 28, 2016 - Researchers review methods used by plastic surgeons to select the appropriate implant size for breast augmentation surgery.
- Breast cancer awareness campaign begins, ASPS, October 18, 2016 - The Department of Health and Human Services is implementing an awareness campaign for the Breast Cancer Patient Education Act.
- Immediate breast reconstruction reduces psychological impact of mastectomy, ASPS, September 26, 2016 - Immediate breast reconstruction can avoid some psychological effects of a mastectomy for breast cancer, study says.
- Advocates Press for Breast Cancer Patient Education, ASPS, May 17, 2016 - Advocates for improved treatments for invasive breast cancer want to implement the provisions of the Breast Cancer Patient Education Act of 2015.
- Good long-term life quality after DIEP Flap Breast Reconstruction, ASPS, April 29, 2016 - Breast reconstruction using the abdominal "DIEP flap" provides good long-term quality of life.
- Ibuprofen does not increase bleeding risk after plastic surgery, ASPS, March 29, 2016 - Evidence suggests that ibuprofen does not increase the risk of bleeding after plastic surgery procedures, according to a new research review.
- Plastic surgeons 'generally agree' on best approach to breast augmentation, ASPS, March 29, 2016 - Plastic surgeons share a general consensus on many aspects of the breast augmentation according to a new study reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- New statistics reflect changing face of plastic surgery, ASPS, February 25, 2016 - According to the annual plastic surgery statistics for 2015, 15.9 million surgical and minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures performed in the United States, a 2% increase over the prior year.