Joseph P. Hunstad, M.D.
Huntersville, North Carolina
Dr. Joseph Hunstad is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Charlotte, NC Breast Augmentation
About the Practice
Hunstad Kortesis represents surgeons who are counted among the most respected physicians in the country. They have created a practice that is sought after by patients across the globe, with specialties in many areas and contributing to over 1,000 surgeries and 3,000 procedures every year. Between them, they have more than 50 years of combined experience and remain up to date on the latest clinical advances in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery.
Our surgeons have also won a variety of awards, have conducted research, and are extensively published in the field. Drs. Hunstad, Kortesis, and Augenstein are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Hunstad Kortesis is proudly associated with a number of professional organizations with stringent membership requirements, such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons. While they have surgical privileges at several local hospitals, our surgeons perform most procedures at the advanced surgical facility at Hunstad Kortesis, which is on par with the best hospitals and fully accredited for safety in outpatient surgery centers.
Joseph P. Hunstad, M.D. completing his internship and residency in his home state of Michigan. His studies then led him to Houston, Texas where he attained a highly sought after fellowship in reconstructive microsurgery at the MECOM Microsurgery Institute. Believing he discovered his specialty - burn repair surgery - he developed his gift while enjoying the intricacy and strenuous pace intensive care trauma presented. However, a rare invitation to perform a cleft lip operation and complex hand surgery from the Chief of the Burn Unit, a plastic surgeon, would introduce him to a new career in the innovative field of reconstructive plastic surgery.
Dr. Hunstad began his practice and watched it evolve rapidly as he welcomed more cosmetic plastic surgery patients. His determination, concern for patients and pursuit of excellence shaped him into an exceptional surgeon. It was his passion for finding solutions to challenging surgeries that led him to develop and publish several procedures while practicing. He began to lecture and demonstrate his new techniques to national audiences. In 1993, while presenting on the topic of Body Contouring after Massive Weight Loss, he was approached by the President of the Belgium Society of Surgery to be the key note speaker which was his first invitation as an international lecturer.
World-renowned physician, Joseph P. Hunstad, MD, FACS was named Best Plastic Surgeon in America by Castle Connolly. He has published over 40 plastic surgery articles and most recently completed his first full textbook, Atlas of Abdominoplasty. He has accepted invitations to speak and perform surgeries in 22 countries and trains other medical doctors through fellowship and direct observation programs. Most notably this brilliant physician is credited with inventing "The Hunstad System," a popular and widely used technique for tumescent anesthesia.
- Facelift / MACS Lift
- Fat Grafting & Injections
- Forehead Lift / Brow Lift
- Lip Augmentation
- Otoplasty (Ear Shaping)
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Shaping)
- Fractional CO2 Laser
- Abdominal Liposuction
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Tummy Tuck Revision
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)
- Bra Line Back Lift
- Body Lift
- Buffalo Hump
- Buttock Lifts & Enhancements
- Calf Augmentation
- Liposuction (Lipoplasty)
- Liposuction Revision
- Tattoo Removal
- Thigh Lift
- Drainless Tummy Tuck
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation Revision
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
- Breast Reduction
- Pectoralis Augmentation
- Male Breasts / Gynecomastia
- Pectoralis Augmentation
- Abdominal Liposuction with Etching
- Hair Transplants
- Scar Treatments
- Dermal Fillers
Education and Training
- Undergraduate — Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI
- Medical School, M.D. — Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Reconstructive Microsurgery Fellowship — MECOM Microsurgical Institute, Baylor Department of Plastic Surgery, Houston TX
- Plastic Surgery Residency, Chief Resident — Grand Rapids Area Medical Education Center, Grand Rapids, MI
- General Surgery Residency — Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, MI
Certifications and Professional Affiliations
- Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- International Consortium of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- North Carolina Medical Society
- North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons, Past President
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Greater Charlotte Plastic Surgery Society
- Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
Breast Augmentation Surgeons William J. Hedden, M.D.
Saline Implants $2,500
Silicone Implants $3,500
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Birmingham, AL
Joseph P. Hunstad, M.D.
11208 Statesville Road
Huntersville, NC 28078
Phone: (704) 659-9000
Before & After Photos
Photos contain partial nudity and may not be appropriate for those under the age of 18