Breast Augmentation News 2014
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2014 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Breast reconstruction awareness campaign welcomes Patti LaBelle, ASPS, Dec. 12, 2014 - Singer and actress, Patti LaBelle has joined with the American Society of Plastic Surgery as the Breast Reconstruction Awareness spokesperson for 2015.
- Mammograms may be problematic for dense breasts, Fox News, Dec. 9, 2014
- Breast reduction shared appointments increase contact time, ASPS, Nov. 24, 2014 - An initial evaluation at a shared medical appointment provides excellent patient satisfaction for women considering breast reduction, study says.
- Breast size differences impact teen mental health, ASPS, Nov. 24, 2014 - Differences in breast size have a significant impact on the mental health of adolescent girls with affects on self-esteem, emotional well-being and social functioning, according to a new study.
- Guidelines aim to reduce 2nd surgeries after breast cancer lumpectomy, HealthDay News, Nov. 12, 2014
- Temporary 'vacation breasts' may be here by 2016, USA Today, Nov. 11, 2014
- How to do a breast self-exam in 5 minutes, Fox News, Oct. 22, 2014
- Study finds complication rate for cosmetic procedures same in old and young, ASPS, Oct. 12, 2014 - A recent study found that older cosmetic procedure patients experienced complications at roughly the same rate as younger patients.
- Autologous breast reconstruction patients report satisfaction, ASPS, Oct. 12, 2014 - Women who replaced breast implants with autologous tissue reported significant improvements in their overall satisfaction with breast reconstruction.
- Decision analysis can help women make breast reconstruction choices, ASPS, Sept. 26, 2014 - A decision analysis can help breast reconstruction candidates evaluate their alternatives for reconstructive plastic surgery, reports a new study.
- Increasing skirt size linked to breast cancer risk, Fox News, Sept. 25, 2014
- Plastic surgery researchers seek perfect breast shape, ASPS, Sept. 2, 2014 - Nearly everyone agrees the perfect breast shape is a breast with an upper pole to lower pole ratio of 45:55, reports a study.
- Celebrating the BRAve faces of breast cancer, ASPS, Sept. 2, 2014 - Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day on Oct. 15, 2014, advocates that every breast cancer patient know about breast reconstruction options and choose which is best for her.
- Complication rates low with mastectomy and breast reconstruction, according to study, HealthDay News, Sept. 2, 2014
- Exercise may cut breast cancer risk in older women, WebMD, Aug. 11, 2014
- Two genes add to breast cancer risk, MedPage Today, Aug. 6, 2014
- Breast lifting may decrease bra size, says study, ASPS, July 1, 2014 - Women may find themselves wearing a smaller bra after a breast lift, with an average decrease of one bra cup size, says a new study of cosmetic surgery patients.
- 3-D mammograms may find more breast cancer, ABC News, June 24, 2014
- Could eating red meat increase breast cancer risk?, Medical News Today, June 11, 2014
- Mole check: surprising new sign of breast cancer risk, NBC News, June 10, 2014
- Many with breast cancer get too little exercise, WebMD, June 9, 2014
- Controversial 'internal bra' promises longer lasting breast lift, Fox News, May 21, 2014
- Obesity may impact breast cancer survival in younger women, CBS News, May 14, 2014
- Tattoo artists play new role in breast reconstruction, ASPS, May 1, 2014 - For women undergoing breast reconstruction, tattoo artists can achieve "aesthetically superior" results with realistic 3D tattoos of the nipple and surrounding areola, ASPS reports.
- Experimental breast cancer drug seems safe, WebMD, April 6, 2014
- Quality of life improves after breast augmentation, ASPS, April 1, 2014 - Women who had breast augmentation reported substantial gains in well-being and other quality of life aspects, says a study reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Breast lifts up 70% since 2000, ASPS, March 31, 2014 - New statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show that breast lift procedures are growing at twice the rate of breast implant surgeries.
- Aesthetic Society releases annual cosmetic surgery statistics, ASAPS, March 20, 2014 - The number of cosmetic surgery procedures increased by 12% in 2013, according to annual statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- How to keep your breasts young, Fox News, March 17, 2014
- Pre-expansion technique allows 'mega volume' fat transfer to the breasts, ASPS, March 4, 2014 - A new technique can greatly increase the volume of fat cells transferred to the breasts, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Breastfeeding no better than the bottle, shows study, WebProNews, Feb. 26, 2014
- 5 foods for healthy breasts, ABC News, Feb. 21, 2014
- Study raises awareness of risks of mammograms, USA Today, Feb. 11, 2014
- Young female smokers at a higher risk of common type of breast cancer, Medical News Today, Feb. 10, 2014
- Yoga eases fatigue, inflammation for breast cancer survivors, says study, Huffington Post, Jan. 27, 2014
- New drug in development to reverse spread of breast cancer, Fox News, Jan. 27, 2014
- For high-risk women, some breast cancer drugs to be free, WebMD, Jan. 9, 2014
- Cosmetic outcomes after breast-conserving therapy may vary by race, ASPS, Jan. 7, 2014 - Cosmetic results after "lumpectomy" for breast cancer differ for African-American versus Caucasian women, suggests a pilot study.
Breast Augmentation Surgeons William J. Hedden, M.D.
Saline Implants $2,500
Silicone Implants $3,500
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Birmingham, AL
Breast Augmentation was one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures in 2015, according to the ASAPS Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
The latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues.