Breast Augmentation News 2013
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2013 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Patients value experience, recommendation when choosing surgeon, ASPS, Dec. 30, 2013 - Surgeon experience and a personal recommendation from a doctor or friend are the most influential factors when choosing a surgeon, study says.
- 3D mammography "significantly increases breast cancer detection", Medical News Today, Dec. 5, 2013
- Breast milk with solid foods might stave off allergies, WebMD, Nov. 18, 2013
- ASPS marks Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) Day with team approach, ASPS, Oct. 15, 2013 - The second annual BRA Day USA was held Oct. 16, 2013, to focus on breast reconstruction awareness.
- Breastfeeding doesn't cause sagging in breast augmentation patients, ASPS study finds, ASPS, Oct. 10, 2013 - A new study found that breastfeeding doesn't worsen or cause breasts to sag in women with breast implants.
- Breast reconstruction patients undergo cosmetic surgery to further improve body image, ASPS study finds, ASPS, Oct. 10, 2013 - Some reconstruction patients choose to have cosmetic surgery to further improve overall body image, study finds.
- Women more sexually satisfied after breast augmentation, ASPS, Oct. 9, 2013 - Women experience a boost in arousal and sexual satisfaction following breast augmentation surgery, according to a new study.
- Walking tied to fewer breast cancers in older women, Fox News, Oct. 4, 2013
- 5 things you need to know about breast cancer, ABC News, Sept. 30, 2013
- Breast enhancement using your own fat no longer just a fantasy, ASAPS, Sept. 23, 2013 - Breast enhancement using fat grafts, also known as fat transfer or lipoinjection, employs fat suctioned from the patient's abdomen, thighs or other areas.
- Shorter high-dose radiation treatments may be better for breast cancer patients, CBS News, Sept. 19, 2013
- Most women don't understand breast cancer risk, WebMD, Sept. 4, 2013
- School-age drinking increases breast cancer risk, ScienceDaily, Aug. 28, 2013
- Breast-feeding may protect some women against breast cancer, HealthDay News Today, Aug. 15, 2013
- Blood pressure drugs linked to higher risk of breast cancer, Medical News Today, Aug. 7, 2013
- Breast reduction surgery found to improve physical, mental well-being, ASPS, July 30, 2013 - Breast reduction surgery produces measurable improvements in several important areas of health and quality of life, study reports.
- Can some women safely skip breast surgery?, HealthDay News, July 30, 2013
- Black women may die from breast cancer at higher rate, NBC News, July 23, 2013
- High rate of herbal supplement use by cosmetic plastic surgery patients, ASPS, June 28, 2013 - Preoperative evaluations before facial cosmetic surgery find that about half of patients are taking herbal and other supplements, reports a study.
- Omega-3 in fish may reduce breast cancer risk, Fox News, June 28, 2013
- FDA approves MemoryShape breast implants, FDA, June 14, 2013 - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the MemoryShape Breast Implant to increase breast size (breast augmentation) and to rebuild breast tissue (breast reconstruction).
- Which women might benefit from drugs to prevent breast cancer?, HealthDay News, June 13, 2013
- More breastfeeding could lower breast cancer rates, CBS News, June 7, 2013
- How exercise may lower breast cancer risk, Time Health & Family, May 8, 2013
- Breast augmentation patients report high satisfaction rates, ASPS, May 1, 2013 - 98 percent of breast augmentation patients said the results met or exceeded their expections, according to a new prospective outcome study.
- Moderate drinking OK for breast cancer survivors?, WebMD, April 9, 2013
- Study finds hormone replacement therapy increases risk of breast cancer, MedPage Today, Feb. 26, 2013
- Breast augmentation tops list of 2012 cosmetic surgery procedures, ASAPS, March 12, 2013 - The American Society for Aesthetic Surgery just released its 2012 report from the Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
- Fat grafting for breast augmentation - what women should know, ASPS, March 5, 2013 - More research is needed before concluding that the benefits of fat grafting for breast augmentation outweight the risks, according to the ASAPS.
- Round or shaped, implants yield good results in breast reconstruction, ASPS, Feb. 28, 2013 - Breast reconstruction patients reported good outcomes with both round and shaped silicone breast implants, reported a new study.
- Advanced breast cancer rising in young women?, WebMD, Feb. 26, 2013
- FDA approves new silicone gel-filled breast implant, FDA, Feb. 20, 2013 - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone-Gel Filled Breast Implant to increase breast size.
- Self-image, sexual well-being rise after breast augmentation, ASPS, Feb. 7, 2013 - A recent study suggests that breast augmentation patients report higher satisfaction with breast appearance as well as physical, sexual and psychosocial well-being.
- New York breast screening law takes effect, CBS News 12, Feb. 4, 2013
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy provides new option for autologous breast reconstruction, ASPS, Jan. 29, 2013 - Nipple-sparing mastectomy can achieve natural looking breast reconstruction with the patient's own tissues, says a new report.
- For breast cancer patients, less invasive surgery may be better than full mastectomies, MyHealthNewsDaily, Jan. 28, 2013
- Breast milk contains beneficial microorganisms, Fox News, Jan. 11, 2013
- Study suggests safety of combined breast lift and breast augmentation, ASPS, Jan. 2, 2013 - Breast lift surgery and breast augmentation with implants can safely be performed in a single procedure, suggests a recent study.
- More women undergo immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy, ASPS, Jan. 2, 2013 - More woman are choosing breast reconstruction immediately after a mastectomy, breast implants are most common approach.
Breast Augmentation Surgeons William J. Hedden, M.D.
Saline Implants $2,500
Silicone Implants $3,500
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Birmingham, AL
Breast Augmentation was one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures in 2015, according to the ASAPS Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
The latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues.