Breast Augmentation News 2012
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2012 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- "Reverse Liposuction" allows surgeons to replace breast implants with fat, ASPS, Nov. 29, 2012 - Replacing breast implants with the patient's own fat cells provides a new alternative for women undergoing breast implant removal.
- Current breast cancer screening guidelines may lead to more missed cases, CBS News, Nov. 27, 2012
- Chest CT scans may increase breast cancer risk, HealthDay News, Nov. 27, 2012
- Can your job increase your breast cancer risk?, Time Health & Family, Nov. 20, 2012
- ASPS urges cautious approach to medical tourism, ASPS, Nov. 14, 2012 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons recommends that patients take a vigilant approach to medical tourism during the holiday season.
- Failure rate of implant-based breast reconstruction higher in obese patients, ASPS, Nov. 8, 2012 - Obese women are more likely to experience failure with implant-based breast reconstruction procedures, according to a new study.
- Body contouring improves life after weight loss surgery, ASPS, Nov. 8, 2012 - A new study found that bariatric patients reported long-term improvements of their quality of life after weight loss surgery.
- Acupuncture might ease breast cancer fatigue, HealthDay News, Nov. 2, 2012
- 6 breast cancer myths: busted!, Glamour, Oct. 29, 2012
- Are breast-conserving treatments being offered to enough women?, Medical News Today, Oct. 2, 2012
- What every woman should know to prevent breast cancer, Fox News, Oct. 2, 2012
- 50 years of silicone gel breast implants, ASAPS, Oct. 1, 2012 - Half a century after silicone gel breast implants were first introduced clinically, what are some of the lessons that plastic surgeons have learned about these devices?
- FDA approves first breast ultrasound imaging system for dense breast tissue, FDA, Sept. 18, 2012 - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first ultrasound device for use in combination with a standard mammography.
- Mammograms may boost breast cancer risk, ABC News, Sept. 7, 2012
- Identical twins study reveals breast appearance factors, ASAPS, Sept. 4, 2012 - A study of identical twins found that breastfeeding, moisturing and hormone replacement were positive factors that influence the appearance of the breasts.
- Aspirin use not tied to breast cancer risk, Fox News, Aug. 28, 2012
- Breast cancer recurrence higher among overweight women, Medical News Today, Aug. 27, 2012
- Women want to see breast reconstruction results, ASPS, Aug. 21, 2012 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons will launch a landmark show-and-tell event in New Orleans Oct. 17 as part of Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) Day USA.
- Breast cancer radiation for older women?, WebMD, Aug. 13, 2012
- Most women satisfied with breast reduction cosmetic results, ASPS, July 30, 2012 - A study of 125 women found that the majority were happy with their cosmetic surgery results from breast reduction 6 months and 1 year after surgery.
- Bigger babies may lead to increased risk of breast cancer, Fox News, July 18, 2012
- New Orleans center sponsors Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) Day USA, ASPS, July 12, 2012 - The Center for Restorative Breast Surgery was announced as a sponsor of Breast Reconstruction Awareness (BRA) Day USA on Oct. 17.
- Genetic factors link breast size to breast cancer, Medical Daily, July 4, 2012
- Study shows breast augmentation improves quality of life, ASPS, June 29, 2012 - Women who have breast augmentation report substantial improvements in different areas related to quality of life, according to a recent study.
- Texting promotes recovery after breast reconstruction, study says, ASPS, June 29, 2012 - A recent study reports that text messaging between the patient and surgeon leads to improvements in some key postoperative outcomes.
- Keeping fit may reduce breast cancer risk, Medical News Today, June 25, 2012
- FDA approves Perjeta for late-stage breast cancer, CBS News, June 12, 2012
- Blood tests might help guide breast cancer care, HealthDay News, June 5, 2012
- Many moms don't meet their own breastfeeding goals, WebMD, June 4, 2012
- Experimental breast cancer drug slows tumor growth, study shows, Fox News, June 4, 2012
- Night shift linked to increased breast cancer risk, WebMD, May 29, 2012
- New research says dieting may lower hormone levels tied to breast cancer, HealthDay News, May 21, 2012
- Jewel named spokesperson for breast reconstruction, ASPS, May 17, 2012 - Award-winning singer-songwriter Jewel will serve as spokesperson for the first annual National Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day on October 17, 2012.
- Early results promising for breast cancer vaccine, ABC News, May 16, 2012
- Breast-feeding cover provokes strong reaction, Los Angeles Times, May 10, 2012
- Is extended breast-feeding more common than we think?, Time Healthland, May 10, 2012
- Mammograms may be worth risks for some in their 40s, Fox News, May 2, 2012
- Hospital, patient characteristics affect breast reconstruction methods, ASPS, April 30, 2012 - Only a small minority of breast reconstructions in the U.S. are performed using the most advanced microsurgical techniques, according to a new report.
- Fat transfer provides alternative to breast implants, ASPS, April 30, 2012 - Preoperative expansion of the breast followed by injection of the patient's own fat provides safe and effective alternative to breast augmentation, study says.
- Pacifiers don't discourage breast-feeding, HealthDay News, April 30, 2012
- Long-lasting fatigue after breast cancer less common than thought, Medical News Today, April 23, 2012
- Breast cancer study could change treatment, WebMD, April 18, 2012
- For cosmetic surgery, chins are the new breasts: 'Chinplants' on the rise, MSNBC, April 15, 2012
- 'False-alarm mammograms' linked to increased risk of breast cancer, Fox News, April 6, 2012
- Breast cancer risk may be higher with one drink a day, ABC News, March 29, 2012
- Implant-based breast reconstruction complication rate higher with radiation therapy, ASPS, March 29, 2012 - Though most post-radiation breast reconstructions are successful, the complication rate of breast reconstruction with breast implants is higher with radiation therapy, a new study reports.
- Almost 9.2 million cosmetic procedures performed in 2011, ASAPS, March 20, 2012 - Breast augmentation and liposuction topped the list of most-performed surgical cosmetic procedures, according to Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank statistics.
- Cadmium in diet may increase breast cancer risk, HealthDay News, March 15, 2012
- When "natural" remedies mean danger for cosmetic surgery, ASAPS, March 12, 2012 - Herbal products, homeopathic medicines and dietary supplements can put cosmetic surgery patients at risk for serious bleeding complications.
- FDA approves new silicone gel-filled breast implant, FDA, March 9, 2012 - the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a new silicone gel-filled breast implant for breast augmentation and breast reconstruction.
- Estrogen pills reduce breast cancer risk in study, CBS News, March 7, 2012
- Experts say exclusive breastfeeding best for baby, HealthDay News, Feb. 27, 2012
- Scientists identify new breast cancer gene, Fox News, Feb. 23, 2012
- New mammogram benefits for women in their 40s, WebMD, Feb. 22, 2012
- Surgeon gave teen daughter breast implants, ABC News, Feb. 22, 2012
- Plastic surgery makes people look younger, Medical News Today, Feb. 22, 2012
- Ultrasound shows promise for breast implant monitoring, ASAPS, Feb. 15, 2012 - A recent study suggests that ultrasound may have advantages over magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) when screening for breast implant failure.
- Study questions repeat breast cancer surgery, Fox News, Feb. 1, 2012
- Technique provides new option for breast reconstruction, ASPS, Jan. 30, 2012 - A new technique consisting of fat injection followed by implant placement may provide a much-needed alternative for breast reconstruction, a new study reports.
- Avastin may help fight early breast cancer, WebMD, Jan. 25, 2012
- Drug duo may help fight aggressive form of breast cancer, HealthDay News, Jan. 17, 2012
- Top 3 New Year's resolutions revamped, American Health & Beauty, Jan. 10, 2012
- Four exciting beauty treatments for 2012, RealSelf.com, Jan. 7, 2012
- Red wine study hints at breast cancer benefit, MedPage Today, Jan. 6, 2012
- U.S. News ranks easiest diets to follow, ABC News, Jan. 4, 2012
Breast Augmentation Surgeons William J. Hedden, M.D.
Saline Implants $2,500
Silicone Implants $3,500
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Birmingham, AL
Breast Augmentation was one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures in 2015, according to the ASAPS Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
The latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues.