Breast Augmentation News 2011
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2011 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Breast implants need lifetime of care, say experts, MSNBC, Dec. 27, 2011
- France recommends removal of substandard breast implants, Washington Post, Dec. 23, 2011
- Older women, those on Medicare less likely to have breast reconstruction immediately, WebMD, Dec. 8, 2011
- New study says mammograms cut risk of breast cancer death by half, USA Today, Dec. 7, 2011
- Study backs mammograms for women in their 40s, Fox News, Nov. 29, 2011
- Breast reduction complication rate higher in older women, ASPS, Nov. 21, 2011 - Complications following breast reduction surgery are more common in women older than 50, according to a study reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Is chemo the cause of mental fog after breast cancer?, WebMD, Nov. 14, 2011
- Advances in breast cancer care may not be reaching older women, HealthDay News, Nov. 8, 2011
- Study links light drinking to increased risk of breast cancer, Los Angeles Times, Nov. 1, 2011
- Nipple sparing mastectomy saves lives, external breast, ABC News, Oct. 27, 2011
- Study says breast reconstruction boosts women's emotional well-being, HealthDay News, Oct. 24, 2011
- More false alarms, uncertain benefits seen with annual mammograms, Health.com News, Oct. 18, 2011
- "Preventive" breast cancer surgery alarms some docs, USA Today, Oct. 17, 2011
- Actress finds personal inspiration for cancer film, CNN, Oct. 7, 2011
- Safer breast implants likely with the help of nanotechnology, Medical News Today, Oct. 5, 2011
- Losing weight, getting fit can reduce breast cancer risk, USA Today, Oct. 3, 2011
- Scientists help women seeking perfect sports bra, FOX News, Sept. 27, 2011
- New safety campaign focuses on board certification, ASPS, Sept. 26, 2011 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is launching a new public safety campaign that highlights the importance of using a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Breast cancer treatment change could save time, money, USA Today, Sept. 26, 2011
- Breast cancer myths: Just the facts, please, Chicago Tribune, Sept. 20, 2011
- Myth can prevent successful breastfeeding for breast augmentation patients, ASPS, Sept. 20, 2011 - A new study says the perception of how breastfeeding will impact the breasts following breast augmentation is a concern for many women.
- Fatty acids from formula or breastfeeding may boost mental development, WebMD, Sept. 19, 2011
- Breast tissue reconstruction using computer-aided design, Medical News Today, Sept. 9, 2011
- Some older breast cancer patients can skip hormone therapy, study says, HealthDay News, Aug. 31, 2011
- Silicone-gel breast implants "safe & effective," FDA affirms, MSNBC, Aug. 31, 2011
- Breast reduction and bariatric surgery - which should be done first?, ASPS, Aug. 26, 2011 - A new study says best results are achieved when weight loss is addressed first for women considering both bariatric and breast reduction surgery.
- Breastfeeding may cut risk of some breast cancers, WebMD, Aug. 16, 2011
- Medical tourism a one-way ticket to surgical complications, ASAPS, Aug. 8, 2011 - A new study has found that patients who travel abroad for cosmetic surgery have an increased risk of complications, including multiple operations.
- After the mammogram storm, what should women do?, CNN Health, Aug. 3, 2011
- Hospitals fail in support of breastfeeding, CDC says, ABC News, Aug. 2, 2011
- Mammograms no better with computer's help, WebMD, July 27, 2011
- Largest Ob/Gyn group backs annual mammograms in 40s, HealthDay News, July 20, 2011
- Mammogram schedule should be customized, study finds, USA Today, July 13, 2011
- Study supports immediate breast reconstruction after mastectomy, ASPS, June 27, 2011 - Immediate breast reconstruction has a low risk of complications and does not cause undue delays in cancer treatment, according to a new study.
- FDA provides updated safety data on silicone gel-filled breast implants, FDA, June 22, 2011 - A new FDA report confirms that silicone gel-filled breast implants are safe and effective, but women should fully understand the risks.
- Is your job wrecking your heart?, WebMD, June 22, 2011
- Breastfeeding may shield against SIDS, HealthDay News, June 13, 2011
- Mothers who take less maternity leave may breastfeed less too, Los Angeles Times, June 1, 2011
- New technique doubles breast size using patient's own fat, ASPS, May 31, 2011 - According to a recent study, a patient's own fat transplanted to the breasts can achieve up to a twofold increase in breast size.
- Parsley contains breast cancer-fighting compound, FOX News, May 10, 2011
- "Mommy Makeovers" on the rise, ASPS, May 2, 2011 - The number of women getting Mommy Makeover procedures continues to increase as younger women seek help for their post-pregnancy bodies.
- Breast augmentation ... not just about size, Medical News Today, April 21, 2011
- Breast fat injection may hinder mammograms, WebMD, April 14, 2011
- Immediate implant replacement provides new option for breast reconstruction, ASPS, April 11, 2011 - A new study suggests immediate breast reconstruction using implants provides a new alternative for many women undergoing a mastectomy.
- Breast revision options for previous breast augmentation patients, American Health & Beauty, April 6, 2011
- Demand for plastic surgery rebounds by almost 9%, ASAPS, April 4, 2011 - The demand for plastic surgery procedures increased almost 9% last year, according to statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- 6 essential minerals for women's health, To Your Health Magazine, April 1, 2011
- Breast Lipomodeling doesn't interfere with mammograms, ASPS, March 28, 2011 - Study finds that breast augmentation fat transfer does not interfere with mammograms for routine breast cancer screenings.
- Experts: women should see Ob-Gyn annually, HealthDay News, March 21, 2011
- Breast Augmentation 101: understanding breast implant options, American Health & Beauty, March 10, 2011
- Plastic surgery bouncing back with the economy, CBS News, March 3, 2011
- Smoking may increase breast cancer risk, WebMD, March 1, 2011
- Is chocolate the next super food?, WebMD, Feb. 7, 2011
- Despite economy, breast augmentation rate booming, FOX News, Jan. 31, 2011
- New campaign informs women about heart disease, USA Today, Jan. 31, 2011
- ASPS, FDA to collect data about rare condition, ASAPS, Jan. 26, 2011 - The American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the FDA are working together to document cases of a very rare condition associated with breast implants.
- How beneficial is exclusively breastfeeding for 6 months?, FOX News, Jan. 14, 2011
Breast Augmentation Surgeons William J. Hedden, M.D.
Saline Implants $2,500
Silicone Implants $3,500
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Birmingham, AL
Breast Augmentation was one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures in 2015, according to the ASAPS Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
The latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues.