Breast Augmentation News 2008
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2008 Breast Augmentation News Archives
- Supplements may not cut cancer risk, WebMD, Dec. 30, 2008
- Ten cosmetic plastic surgery predictions for 2009, ASAPS, Dec. 18, 2008 - Cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery predictions for 2009 based on interviews with leading plastic surgeons around the country.
- New device may reduce number of breast cancer surgeries, ABC News, Dec. 15, 2008
- Estrogen: a surprise treatment for metastatic breast cancer, CNN, Dec. 12, 2008
- Breast is best, but many new moms stop too soon, CNN, Dec. 9, 2008
- New breast cancer scan cuts false alarms, WebMD, Dec. 2, 2008
- Some breast cancers may regress on their own, HealthDay News, Nov. 25, 2008
- Exercise plus sleep may lower cancer risk in women, CNN, Nov. 18, 2008
- Family history raises breast cancer risk, Science Daily, Nov. 17, 2008
- Study: vitamins may not protect against cancer, USA Today, Nov. 11, 2008
- Migraines may cut breast cancer risk, WebMD, Nov. 6, 2008
- Vigorous exercise protects against breast cancer, Medical News Today, Nov. 3, 2008
- Excess weight seems to boost breast cancer risk, U.S. News, Nov. 2, 2008
- Breastfeeding may not have an adverse effect on breast appearance, ASAPS, Oct. 23, 2008 - A recent study found that breastfeeding is not a likely cause of post-pregnancy drooping of the breasts.
- Are fat injections safe for breasts?, WebMD, Oct. 23, 2008
- New tool in the early detection of breast cancer, Medical News Today, Oct. 16, 2008
- Caffeine probably doesn't influence breast cancer risk, Los Angeles Times, Oct. 15, 2008
- Breakout drug Herceptin brings new age in breast cancer care, USA Today, Oct. 12, 2008
- Fat injections can improve breast reconstruction - jury's out on augmentation, ASPS, Oct. 8, 2008 - Injecting fat after breast reconstruction to correct implant wrinkling or dimpling may be safe and effective.
- Deflated "pancake" breasts restored after pregnancy, weight loss, aging, ASPS, Oct. 8, 2008 - An innovative procedure corrects severely deflated, sagging breasts without breast implants.
- Selecting appropriate massive weight loss patients for body contouring critical, ASPS, Oct. 8, 2008 - Pre-operative screening found to be important for patients seeking body contouring after massive weight loss.
- "Fantastic Four" of breast procedures leave women extremely satisfied, ASPS, Oct. 8, 2008 - A recent study found that 99% of breast surgery patients would have their surgery again.
- New federal exercise guidelines include strength training for all, USA Today, Oct. 7, 2008
- Ancient Chinese sport helps modern breast cancer survivors, CNN, Oct. 6, 2008
- Shorter breast cancer treatment effective, WebMD, Sept. 22, 2008
- Acupuncture reduces breast cancer treatment side effects, ScienceDaily, Sept. 22, 2008
- Breast cancer survivors report high quality of life, U.S. News, Sept. 21, 2008
- New vaccine fights breast cancer tumors, WebMD, Sept. 15, 2008
- Do MRIs help or hurt breast cancer patients?, USA Today, Sept. 6, 2008
- New screening catches more breast cancers, HealthDay News, Sept. 3, 2008
- ASPS urges team approach to breast reconstruction, ASPS, Aug. 22, 2008 - Scientific advances in treating breast cancer can be attributed to a strong collaboration between medical specialties.
- A lifetime of healthy breasts, CBS News, Aug. 22, 2008
- Breast cancer: risk of relapse low after surviving 5 years, USA Today, Aug. 12, 2008
- Increase in self-esteem, functionality seen in patients after breast reduction, ASAPS, Aug. 4, 2008 - A recent study showed a marked improvement in quality of life for patients who underwent breast reduction surgery.
- Five breast cancer myths, Fox News, Aug. 3, 2008
- Bone density may help determine breast cancer risk, Reuters Health, July 28, 2008
- Mammograms a Pain? Gel helps, WebMD, July 22, 2008
- Largest review of office-based plastic surgery confirms safety in accredited facilities, ASPS, July 16, 2008 - Surgeries in accredited outpatient facilities are as safe as those performed in hospitals, according to a recent study.
- Experts debate value of breast self-exams, ABC News, July 16, 2008
- 98% of elective mastectomy patients would have reconstruction again, says ASPS study, ASPS, July 7, 2008 - Study finds that the majority of women who have breast reconstruction after an elective mastectomy are satisfied with their decision.
- Cosmetic surgery procedures to exceed 55 million in 2015, ASPS study predicts, ASPS, June 24, 2008 - An American Society of Plastic Surgeons study predicts a large increase in the number of cosmetic surgery procedures from 2005 to 2015.
- Time in the sun: how much is needed for vitamin D?, U.S. News, June 23, 2008
- New technology gives women a 3-D look at breasts, Fox News, June 22, 2008
- Raloxifene cuts risk of certain type of breast cancer, HealthDay News, June 11, 2008
- Fall in HRT use linked to drop in breast cancer, Medical News Today, June 2, 2008
- Bone drug Zometa helps women with early breast cancer, USA Today, June 1, 2008
- Research suggests vitamin D can slow breast cancer, ABC News, May 16, 2008
- Finding cancer that mammograms can miss, CBS News, May 13, 2008
- Breast cancer tumors grow faster in younger women, ScienceDaily, May 8, 2008
- Breast enhancement with fat: pros and cons, ASAPS, May 2, 2008 - Lipoaugmentation of the breasts may offer patients permanent breast augmentation with the benefit of body contouring through liposuction.
- Breast cancer & implants: surgery options, WebMD, May 2, 2008
- CDC: breastfeeding hits 20-year high, USA Today, April 30, 2008
- Breast reconstruction advances fix distortions left by lumpectomy, ASPS, April 23, 2008 - Plastic surgeons are performing breast remodeling immediately after breast conservation surgery, resulting in a more natural looking breast.
- Vitamin D lessens breast cancer risk, UPI, April 21, 2008
- Drinking may raise breast cancer risk, ABC News, April 14, 2008
- Green tea ingredient slows breast cancer, WebMD, April 7, 2008
- Trimming breast cancer radiation time, WebMD, March 18, 2008
- Breast cancer drug good later than thought, CBS News, March 11, 2008
- Study: post-menopause hormone pills linked to cancer, USA Today, March 5, 2008
- Breast cancer risk and surgical intervention, ASAPS, Feb. 27, 2008 - A recent article in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal suggests that assessment of breast cancer risk prior to elective breast surgery can improve patient results.
- Hormone therapy may skew mammograms, WebMD, Feb. 25, 2008
- 11.7 million cosmetic procedures in 2007, ASAPS, Feb. 25, 2008 - Nearly 11.7 million cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States in 2007, according to statistics released by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Hair sample may provide breast cancer diagnosis, Reuters Health, Feb. 15, 2008
- FDA approves genetic test for breast cancer patients, Medical News Today, Jan. 15, 2008
- ASPS studies re-evaluate psychological benefits and health concerns of silicone breast implants, ASPS, Jan. 3, 2008 - A recent supplement to the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons sheds new light on silicone breast implants.
Breast Augmentation Surgeons William J. Hedden, M.D.
Saline Implants $2,500
Silicone Implants $3,500
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Birmingham, AL
Breast Augmentation was one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures in 2015, according to the ASAPS Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
The latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues.