Breast Augmentation News 2005
Check our news listings often for the most current and informative news and features about breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast enhancement and related women's health issues.
2005 Breast Augmentation News Archive
- Silicone implant maker closer to market, The Associated Press, Sept. 21, 2005 - The FDA announced that Inamed Corp.'s silicone gel-filled breast implants can be approved under certain conditions.
- Breast implants don't cause breast cancer recurrence in mastectomy patients, ASPS, Sept. 25, 2005 - A study of women who had breast reconstruction with implants found that the implants didn't increase the incidence of local breast cancer recurrence.
- Breast reduction may reveal early breast cancer risk, ASPS, Sept. 24, 2005 - A study of 300 patients found that 12% of breast reduction patients may have abnormal pathologies placing them at an increased risk of developing breast cancer.
- Study reveals who is really considering plastic surgery, ASPS, Sept. 24, 2005 - A study conducted by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons details the people considering plastic surgery and their motivations, debunking many stereotypes.
- Silicone implants move closer to FDA approval, The Associated Press, July 29, 2005 - The FDA told Mentor Corp. that its silicone-gel filled breast implants can be approved under certain conditions.
- New study finds significant and lasting improvement in body image following cosmetic surgery, ASAPS, June 21, 2005 - A new study showed that patients have significant and sustained improvements in body image after cosmetic surgery, and improvements were maintained 12 months post-surgery.
- 11.9 million cosmetic procedures in 2004, ASAPS, Feb. 17, 2005 - The number of cosmetic procedures in the United States increased by 44% in 2004, according to statistics by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Most men view cosmetic plastic surgery positively, new ASPS survey finds, ASPS, Jan. 24, 2005 - A recent survey by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that almost three-quarters of men have a positive attitude toward cosmetic plastic surgery for themselves or others.
- Choosing breast implant size: a matter of aesthetics, ASAPS, January 2005 - Surgical breast enlargement enables a woman to choose the breast size that she feels will enhance her body image and self-confidence.
Breast Augmentation Surgeons William J. Hedden, M.D.
Saline Implants $2,500
Silicone Implants $3,500
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Birmingham, AL
Breast Augmentation was one of the top cosmetic surgery procedures in 2015, according to the ASAPS Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank.
The latest, most reliable and most in-depth information about breast cancer and other women's health and lifestyle issues.